Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
...A little baby boy!
Both Phill and I are very excited for the arrival of Baby Boy Gagnon. Please enjoy the recent pictures.
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
- A bowl of popcorn: I have learned how to wake up the little one. If I sneeze while I am in a seated position, I will wake the little monkey up and it will start kicking up a storm. Movement at this time still feels like popcorn going off in my belly but when I sneeze it feels like I am making a full bowl of popcorn. Baby just goes crazy.
- The barrel roll: Last Friday morning I was woken up at 3a in the morning by Baby Gagnon. I woke to the feeling of the baby doing a full 360 in my belly. I get the feeling this little one is getting it's practice at cartwheels at a very young age.
Sunday, August 29, 2010
I think it is safe to say that we have a 50 / 50 shot at what this little one is going to be. We would love to hear what you think about the gender. We should be getting our next ultrasound at 20 weeks - that's one month to you and me folks.
Other updates about the pregnancy: I have recently started to feel little itty bitty kicks every now and again. I have to be sitting in a certain position on the sofa - but I know it is not just food moving around. Also, no baby bump yet, it just looks like I had a 25 oz porterhouse steak for lunch.
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
- Very Active: With the exception of the short nap that Baby Gagnon had to take during the 35 minutes we were there, it was kicking it's little legs and moving it's arms all about pretty much the whole time.
- Very Healthy: there were a few tests that the tech and the doctor preformed to check for proper growth. Everything came back as an A+.
- Very Stubborn: We were hoping to get a face shot of the baby. The tech did everything that she knew how to do but we could not get it to turn over. It would show it's back side, it would kick it's legs and it would stand on it's little head but no front face shot.
We will go back to the doctor again in about 4 weeks for some more blood work. We will get another ultrasound at 18 or 20 weeks to find out the gender. I will keep you posted.
Thursday, July 8, 2010
I will keep everyone posted with any other updates. For now, I am just thrilled that the baby has a set of arms.
Friday, July 2, 2010
Earlier this week, I was having a hard time with my nausea. Couldn’t sit at my desk cause it made me sick. Couldn’t drive my car cause it made me sick. Couldn’t walk around cause it would make me sick. I could do nothing to keep my stomach at peace with the world. Well, I was asked to run to Publix to pick up a birthday card for a co worker. While I was there, I almost got sick on their beautifully polished floors. I was over this morning sickness and I was going to use this as my chance to correct it. I went to the pharmacist and asked what I could do. She was a small Asian woman and she said "I have got just the solution. You must wear Sea Band". She walked me to the counter where they held the product and helped me put it on. Within 3 minutes, I was feeling better. Within 5 minutes, I felt like a million dollars. I have been wearing my band now for the last 5 days and have had normal meals. Phill actually took me out to Sushi last night where I ate vegetarian sushi. It was amazing! This pregnancy gig might not be that bad after all.
Other than that, keep an eye out, we will post again after the doctor’s appointment on Tuesday. Hopefully with more baby pictures.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Well, well, I get what I wish for. Man, oh man, I am not feeling well. During week 4 and week 5, I know a few of you were asking me how I was feeling and my response was always "I wish I was feeling something. I just feel so normal". I think I even started to worry that maybe I wasn’t really pregnant. Well, about an hour after getting the results from my bloodwork work on Thursday, I noticed a major change. I noticed that all the sweet smells around me started making my stomach turn sour. Hearing people talk about what they were going to have for lunch would make my mouth water and my tongue feel fat. Needless to say, I have been having some of the mean & ugly nausea ever since. I wake up... feel sick. Get to work… feel sick. Leave work... feel sick. Go to bed... feel sick. The rocket scientist that decided to term this feeling as ‘morning sickness’ must have miscalculated a few hours from the duration of time that a woman feels sick during the day.
That is my update for today. I am happy that I feel pregnant but a little sad that I can’t eat.
The picture above explains a little of how I am feeling... I feel green.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Sunday, June 13, 2010
The update I have this evening is about 'baby'. I thought that it would be interesting to share a few details about what has happened over the 5th week.
Week 5 Development:
The baby's jaw, cheeks, chin, eyes, ears, and nose are beginning to form what will eventually become one adorable face. In addition, the kidneys, liver, and lungs are developing, and the heart is now beating 80 times a minute (and getting faster every day). All this and it's still no bigger than the length of a nail head (about a quarter of an inch) from crown to rump!
I promise to post again soon... but that is what I have for tonight.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Today marks the start of week 5. We have our first ultrasound scheduled for 2 weeks from today, so be sure to check back for the update from that.
Also, each Thursday until the baby is born, we will be posting "baby bump" pictures, so be sure to keep and eye out for those.